Wednesday, August 22, 2007

What is in a name?

Okay. I get it. Thanks to my dear loving friends and family, I've become keenly aware that Mazlin's name is confusing. Mazy-Mazzy-Maz-Mazzie-Mazi. I always thought it would be Mazy--but I guess it is too close to Lazy and than she would be a Maisy-which is a mouse and not an acceptable reference for a child. We had a family gathering last week that included too many Corona's discussing the way to stop this madness once and for all. The conclusion? Brace yourself. Mazzie or Mazlin only. How did we get here after a lengthy discussion you might ask? Elizabeth is not shortened to Lizzy. Therefore, Mazlin should not be either. Don't judge. It was a scientific study with valid intoxicated data.

I'm happy to introduce our daughter Mazlin. If you feel the need to shorten the name in writing, please defer to our data.

Much love,
Laurie-Dennis-Mia-Mazlin (a.k.a Mazzie)

3 comments:

Molly said...

I feel ever so much less confused.... I like the definitive-ness of this and will hereafter refer to Miss Mia's sister as Mazzie (or Mazlin). Is Miss Mazlin acceptable? :)

sdgrasso said...

Oh I hear you loud & clear. Course I'm laughing out loud too cause I have a Morgan & originally her Nanna was not so happy with the name choice because "everyone will nickname her something stupid like Morgie!" Well everyone ended up being HER! But in the end, my little Miss Morgan (now 13) being ever so independent & head strong nicknamed herself ~ MO. Nice. YO MO!
And for the record, I LOVE both of your girls names Mazlin & Mia. The M&M sisters are just sweet as can be!

bridget said...

just for the record...ryan dated a girl named elizabeth who was nicknamed "izzy"...go figure! b.