Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Seasons are a funny thing

 

I wonder if everyone is affected by the change of seasons. Fall is my MOST favorite season and it brings back so many memories. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving St. Louis the more I am here but there is something very special about the fall season in Minneapolis. Can't quite put my finger on exactly why-you'll just have to trust me on this one. Fall is in the air today and it makes me think of our house, friends, neighbors and Lucia's in Minneapolis. I would give anything to be drinking a big glass of wine looking out the window of Lucia's with friends.

You're a special little place, Ms. Twin Cities.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Elliot said...

I, too, miss fall in the Twin Cities. It's ultimately a better autumn than we get in St. Louis. I don't know why...maybe because it transitions to fall quicker, we don't get this mix of days where it might be fall on Monday and summer again on Tuesday. Maybe.

Anonymous said...

Sniff!

bridget said...

maybe fall is so special in minneapolis because the winter that follows is so harsh. also i agree with elliot...in st louis you need to check the calendar to know what season we're in.

weieroriginal said...

Laurie I feel your pain- the crisp air of MN is calling me every fall. I recall the air smelling a bit spicier there, like ginger and nutmeg and then the gorgeous leaves of sugar maples and other trees are so brilliant (I have heard that the color is directly related to the chill in the air- but who knows if that is true). I also am a huge fan of the enormous sweater donned on particularly brisk days... anyone going to MN soon I think I will ride in your suitcase!

Kristi Chew - Stan Chew said...

I have to comment on this one, not to make you all feel bad, BUT it has been an exceptionally beautiful fall this year in Minne...JUST Beautiful! - well until I have to rake the yard...grrr

kchew