Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The "ZeZe" Man

 

Many many many years ago, I found this sweet little soul on an Amish farm in Ohio. He threw up the entire ride home and has hated cars ever since. We think he really is Amish. He died today and it has been really hard on the entire family. Especially, with Dennis. They became great buds over the years.

He was so sweet and loving. Although, he was a bit smelly-it didn't matter to us. He had a funny little bark, hated any treat other than "snausages" and had the patience of a saint with the girls.

We miss him. He was a big part of our family. He gave us all lots of love...
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

D3CK5 said...

Losing a pet sucks and hurts bad - sorry guys.

David, Julie, Lily and Miles

Anonymous said...

Aw, Laurie, I am so sorry. Poor Zeker. Poor Dennis!!

mGk said...

So sorry to hear about ZeZe. He will be missed!

Molly said...

Oh my god! I was just talking about Zeker this morning. (office dog-talk, and since I don't have a dog, I borrowed yours) You can't imagine how shocked I am to pull up your blog and hear this sad news. I hope the girls are handling it Ok, and as for Dennis... well, try "The 10th Good Thing About Barney" by Judith Viorst.

Elliot said...

I'm sorry to hear this news. Zeke was a good friend. I'll miss him, too.

bridget said...

i am so sorry to read this...i actually gasped, thinking you were going to tell a funny zeke story, and then reading that he died. again, my sympathies.

natasha said...

Oh Dear Zekers! You will be missed -- you always put Rufus in this place. Love to all of you!
xo, Natasha,Ladric, Aria & Rufus

Kristi said...

Sorry to hear about Zeker - that's so sad...he certainly was a good friend to you for many many years.

kristi