Sunday, June 22, 2008

The gift of the divine Ms. M

 
Posted by Picasa


It was one year ago that Mazlin came home. Although, it seems like she has been here forever. Knowing how sensitive she is, I look back and realize what a hard transition it was for her. I know children are resilient but I also know it probably wasn't a walk in the park for her. She is THE snuggliest little thing and so painfully shy that she will continue to close her eyes until the mean person stops trying to look or talk to her. Once she warms up she is hilarious. She still sleeps like a dream---goes down at 7 and wakes at 7smiling and ready for a new day.
She has taught me so much about myself and has truly made me a better more present mommy/person. I'll always owe her for that. It was through her needing of me that I found out things about myself. For some reason the same things weren't triggered with Mia. I think it is easier to continue to live life like you always have with one child and with two it isn't as easy. I guess each child brings there own gift and Maz's gift was one of change and letting go (clean house, laundry, People Magazine, etc.)and replacing it with a true desire to have a fun and healthy family. I don't know if I would of been aware if she didn't enter my life and challenge me.

1 comment:

Kelly Price said...

Laurie, that is one of the coolest things I have ever read - you are truly an amazing person and your girls will probably never realize how lucky they are to have you and Dennis as their parents - God is so good...

I love you - Kelly