Sunday, October 28, 2007

Chicago Anti-War Protest


 

Dennis and I traveled to Chicago for a wedding (that was wonderful by the way) and we arrived a little early and thought we would hit the streets, grab a coffee and do a little shopping. Instead, we grabbed a coffee and on our way back we were right in the middle of the most amazing (5,000 strong) and peaceful anti-war protest. The streets were filled with a sea of people expressing themselves and it was really overwhelming for both of us. My political preference is no secret to those that know me and I couldn't of had a better surprise event at that moment. The icing on the cake was this photo of our four fearless leaders. When Mia asked who they were it filled me with great joy to tell her they are scary scary people that unfortunately stick around even after Halloween.

Why don't people understand you can be against the war and still love this country. I'm over it.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

mGk said...

Amen sister!

bridget said...

I CERTAINLY AGREE WITH BEING AGAINST THE WAR. BUT A COUNTRY THAT KILLS INNOCENT WOMEN AND CHILDREN; I DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH I CAN LOVE IT.