Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Our First Family Photo



She arrived today as sweet and amazing as I remember her to be. They are sisters. Each is sleeping in their own bed safe and warm. The future holds great things for them and we feel fortunate to be part of that experience. I don't know what I would do without my sisters. I have to imagine we had a moment very much like the one shown here. Part of me feels a little empty like the journey is over and part of me feels like the journey has just begun. Thanks to everyone that followed along and gave well wishes. We really appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Good Night---The McGraths
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

El said...

Hilarious photo, and so telling: Dennis looks ruffled and wiped out, Laurie is crying tears of joy, and the girls are oblivious to anything but each other. Now THAT'S parent:child relationships for you.

I am so happy for the four of you. How wonderful.

mGk said...

Let the fun begin!

mmg

Carrie Siewert said...

Laurie,

I have been keeping up - DAILY! You are such an inspiraton and I am soooo happy for you and your family! Keep up with the pictures.

Carrie

THE MURDER HOUR said...

Welcome home! Now, get some rest!!!!!

bridget said...

yes, the journey has just begun with no end in sight!!! mia looks truly happy to see her sister.

Keith Klamer said...

Wow! That picture is awesome and reminds me so much of when Christine and I arrived back at OHare with Keith Jr. in Dec. '03... We were exhausted and exhilirated simultaneously. Best wishes to the newly-expanded McGrath Family! Keith, SunRiver Productions.