Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Happy 2nd Birthday Mia!

We celebrated Mia's birthday on 1/29/2007 among moving boxes,
paint buckets and lots of cleaning supplies. We pushed everything to the end
of the table and gathered around for a little celebration. I kept thinking of her 1st birthday when everything was so planned and organized and I was home with her every day. Now, one year later things have changed so much. Knowing her made both Dennis and I want to reconnect with our family and share our experiences. She has been such a trooper over the last year with me going back to work and a big move to a new city. Through it all she has stayed the gentle little soul that she is..so kind. All I kept thinking was that we succeeded in keeping her safe and happy for another year. Our daughter is 2 and it has been the best two years of our life knowing her.
I promised myself that I would wear the earrings her birth mother gave her the day of the adoption on every birthday until she could receive them as a gift. I was lucky to find them among the boxes, but just wearing them made me happy for both of them.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: