Friday, August 26, 2005

The Trip Home

We arrived at the Guatemala City airport early Thursday morning. Our flight left on time and Mia was a trooper. She was pretty good until we started to land and then she screamed for at least 20 minutes. The same thing happened on our flight from Houston to Minneapolis. We arrived in Minneapolis at 6:00pm. I was so anxious to get home. It has been almost three months since I left. I couldn't believe all the surprises Dennis had for Mia and me. Her room was completely finished. Dennis' sister Molly came to help and I was overwhelmed by all of the work and special touches they made for us. Mia adjusted pretty well the first evening. She slept in her own crib (a very big deal for us) and didn't cry. Dennis and I unpacked and had a glass of wine to celebrate. We both are still in awe of this new little life. It was the best feeling to go to sleep listening to her baby monitor. We both have waited so long for this.

No comments: